This privacy statement describes how Vetz Petz Europe GmbH uses your personal data when you visit our website or interact with us, when you sign up for our newsletter, when you use our products and services or when you enter a competition.
It also tells you what data protection rights you have and how you are protected by law.
It is important that you read this privacy notice and any other privacy notices we may provide to you from time to time so that you are fully aware of how and why we use your personal information.
This website is not intended for children, nor do we knowingly collect information from children.
This privacy statement was last updated on June 30, 2022.
Please contact us if you have any questions. Here you can find all our contact information.
2. Who we are
Vetz Petz Europe GmbH is the data controller responsible for this website and the personal data we collect from you. This means that we are responsible for deciding why and how we use personal data in our business. Vetz Petz and the associated group of companies work together to provide products and services to customers around the world. They may therefore act as joint data controllers in some cases.
To the Vetz Petz group of companies Europe GmbH are owned by Vetz Petz Limited (Antinol UK), Vetz Petz Europe GmbH (https://antinol.eu/) and Premium Distributors USA Inc (Antinol US). When we mention "Vetz Petz", "we", "us" or "our" in this privacy statement, we are referring to Vetz Petz Europe Ltd.
3. How we collect data
There are many different ways we may collect or receive information.
You can provide us with data when you interact with us
You can provide us with data by filling in forms or by contacting us by phone, email, chat or social media. This includes data you provide when you:
- sign up for our newsletter;
- make inquiries or request information to be sent to you;
- create an account on our website;
- order our products;
- use refer-a-friend;
- contact us via social media;
- enter a contest, promotion or survey;
- contact customer service; or
- Leave comments or reviews about our products or services.
In addition, we may receive some data automatically
When you interact with us, including through the Antinol website, we may automatically collect information about your devices, browsing activity and search behavior. We may also collect data when you click on any of our advertisements (including those displayed on third party websites or through social media).
We may receive several data from third parties, for example:
- from providers of services that enable our electronic commerce, including e-commerce platforms and payment and fraud prevention services;
- analytics providers, advertising networks and search information providers;
- from data partners;
- from your friends who referred you through refer-a-friend;
- from publicly available sources; and
- from any third party who is permitted by law or has permission from you to share your personal data with us, e.g. B. via social media or websites for reviews.
4. Type of personal information we collect
The following section describes the types of personal information we may collect about you. Of course, the type of personal information we collect about you depends on how you interact with us.
Personal data, or personal information, is any information about an individual from which that individual can be identified. It does not include de-identified data (anonymous data).
We collect various personal data about our customers and visitors to the Antinol website.
This personal data is divided into the following categories:
- Identity Data includes title, gender, first name, maiden name, last name, date of birth, username (or equivalent) and your login/password details. If you interact with us via social media, this may include your username there.
- Contact information includes billing address, shipping address, email address, and phone numbers.
- The financial data includes payment card, direct debit and bank account data.
- Transaction Data includes data about payments to and from you and other information about goods and services you have purchased from us.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders you have made, information about your pet if you have provided it, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Technical Data includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, login information, browser type and version, time zone and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices that you use for access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services, as well as content that you contribute to the forum.
- Tracking Data includes information that we or others collect about you using cookies and similar tracking technologies such as web beacons, pixels and mobile identifiers.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving our marketing materials and in communicating with you.
We also collect, use and share aggregate information, such as statistical or demographic information. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a particular site feature.
However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data and you can be directly or indirectly identified as a result, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race, ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
We also do not collect information about criminal convictions and offenses. If you provide personal data relating to this category, we do not know this and can only treat it as personal data.
Please note that if you do not provide personal information or decline certain contact permissions, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
5. Explanation of the legal bases for the use of personal data
We only use your personal data when permitted by law. In most cases, we use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have already entered into with you. For example, when you buy our products, there is a contract between you and us so that we can deliver the products to you.
- Where it is necessary for our (or a third party's) legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. For example, in fraud monitoring during the purchase process.
- When we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. For example by keeping records of our sales to comply with tax regulations.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data, except where required by law, for example, when sending certain direct marketing communications. Where our legal basis is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
6. Advertising, Marketing and Your Communication Preferences
You can see advertisements from Antinol in various ways without using your personal data - in some cases we buy classic advertising space and advertising space on websites and in social media. If you see Antinol's advertisements on websites and social media, they may not be directed specifically at you, but may be due to our purchase of the advertising space. We may also use a search engine or social media platform for similar products that are not directed to you. You can control this accordingly via the data protection settings of the respective search engine or social media platform.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Tracking, Usage and Profile Data to get an overview of what we think you might want or need or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which health and mobility guides, heroic stories and offers may be relevant to you and let you know about them. We may conduct direct marketing via email, message or post.
Our website will clearly state your direct marketing preferences. You can sign up to receive our newsletter (also when creating an account). We may also send our customers relevant direct marketing advertisements about our own products and services, unless they have opted out during the checkout process. We can also send you a small reminder for purchases if you left products in the shopping cart without purchasing them.
You have the right to opt out of direct marketing at any time. The easiest way to unsubscribe is to use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the message or simply email us at contact .
We will obtain your express consent prior to sharing your personal information with any company outside of the Antinol group of companies for marketing purposes.
We also work with partners to increase the reach of our ads through analytics and retargeting. We use Tracking Data to provide relevant online advertising, including on websites and social media.
Tracking data, and specifically cookies, help us to deliver website advertisements and social media advertisements that we consider relevant to you and to potential new Antinol customers. The cookies used for this purpose are often placed on our website by specialized companies - this is also the reason why you may be able to see content from our website again after visiting the Antinol website. This is known as retargeting.
Cookies can also tell us if you saw a particular ad and how long ago it was. This is useful because it allows us to check the effectiveness of our ads and also track how often our ads are shown to individuals. Cookies also allow us to understand whether you have opened a marketing email, as we do not want to send you messages that you do not read.
Please read the following section on cookies if you would like more information about tracking data and cookies in particular.
Almost all cookies related to advertising are part of third-party online advertising networks. If you would like to read more about how you can control the ads you see across the web, please see the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance 's and the Digital Advertising Alliance's (USA) opt-out programs. We do not control cookies placed by advertising networks.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser.
We use the following categories of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the website to function properly. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log in, use a shopping cart or make secure payments.
- Analytics/Performance Cookies. They allow us to count the number of visitors and to see how visitors behave while using our website. This helps us to improve the way our website works, e.g. B. Make it easy for users to find what they're looking for.
- functionality cookies. These are used to identify you when you return to our website. They allow us to personalize content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (e.g. your choice of language or region). It also allows us to see if you have left products in your shopping cart without purchasing them.
- advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, which pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to tailor our website to your interests and also for advertising and retargeting purposes. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Please note that two things will happen when you clear your cookies:
- We will then no longer be able to know that you have opted out of online behavioral advertising, which means that you will continue to see our advertising on other websites.
- We will then no longer automatically recognize the website settings you have made.
You can manage your cookie preferences using the button at the bottom of this page.
8. Disclosure of your personal information
We may share personal information within the VetzPetz group of companies.
- Vendors and service providers that process personal data on our behalf, including technology service providers, logistics service providers, postal and courier service providers, auditors and professional advisers such as bankers, lawyers, accountants and insurers.
- Government bodies and government agencies, regulators and law enforcement agencies where we are required by law to share personal information.
We require all third party service providers to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only allow them to process your personal data for specific purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We also share data with third parties in connection with advertising, retargeting and analytics. For more information about who these third parties are, see Cookies (including a list of cookies) above.
We may also share information with third party service providers with whom we may sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or assets. Alternatively, we may acquire or merge with other companies. If there is a change in our business, the new owners may use your personal information in the same manner as described in this privacy statement.
9. International Transfers
We pass on your personal data within the Vetz Petz Europe GmbH group of companies. We operate in the UK, Austria, Germany, France, Ireland, Australia, Japan, Thailand and the US, therefore your data will be transferred to regions outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). We share data within our group of companies between the EEA, Australia and the USA. This is done on the basis of a contract signed by the group of companies.
Many of our external third parties are based outside of the EEA, so their processing of your personal data will require a transfer of your data outside of the EEA.
When we transfer your personal information out of the EEA, we will ensure a similar level of protection is in place there and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation.
10. Data Security
We have implemented appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed, altered or disclosed without authorization.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to respond to any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
11. Data Storage
We retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes of our data collection, including to comply with legal, accounting and reporting obligations.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data, and whether we need those purposes can achieve by other means, as well as the applicable legal provisions.
We are required by law to retain basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for tax purposes for six years after they stop being customers. We store this basic information about our customers for a maximum of seven years after their last purchase in order to effectively deal with any customer service queries that may arise. We store the customer profile data that you have agreed to provide to us so that we can keep you informed about our products, services and events. We store this information until you notify us that you no longer wish to store this data, otherwise seven years after your last active interaction with us (e.g. by opening or clicking on one of our emails to you ), depending on which of the two possibilities occurs earlier.
12. How to contact Antinol regarding data protection
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your region at any time. However, we would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns before you contact your local authority.
13. Third Party Links
This website may contain links to third party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or allowing those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. After leaving our website, we recommend that you also read the privacy statements of other websites that you visit.
14. If you do not provide personal information
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that requested data, we cannot perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (e.g. to provide you with goods or services) , may not meet. In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you use from us, but will notify you if this is the case.
15. Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason, which reason must be compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal information for another purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge and without your consent in accordance with the above provisions where required or permitted by law.
16. Your Legal Rights
In certain circumstances, data protection laws give you rights in relation to your personal data.
- Request access to your personal data
This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data held about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request a correction of your personal data
This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, however we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data provided.
- Request erasure of your personal data
This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for our continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to erase or remove your personal information where you have successfully exercised your right to object (see below), where we have processed your information unlawfully, or where we are processing your personal information in accordance with local law have to delete. However, please note that for certain legal reasons, which may be disclosed to you at the time of your request, we may not always be able to comply with your request for erasure.
- Objection to the processing of your personal data
This enables you to object to the processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to the processing on this ground because you feel it is necessary after your fundamental rights and freedoms are affected. You also have a right to object if we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases we could demonstrate that we have a compelling legitimate reason to process your data that overrides your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data
This enables you to ask us to stop processing your personal data in the following circumstances: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you want us to keep the data even if we no longer need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have legitimate grounds for using it that override this.
- Request the transfer of your personal data
We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information that you initially consented to our use or information that we used to perform a contract with you.
- Right to withdraw consent
You can withdraw consent at any time where we rely on your consent to process your personal data. However, this does not affect the lawfulness of processing before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with certain products or services. We will let you know if this is the case when you withdraw your consent.
You do not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, disproportionate or repetitive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to confirm your identity and to ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to request more information regarding your request and to be able to respond more quickly.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made multiple requests. In this case we will notify you and keep you informed.
Here you will find all information and details about inquiries.
17. Finally, a small request from Antinol
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
Use the button below to manage your cookie settings